The black mold in your bathroom is a dangerous enemy, and this is how to handle it
The black mold can be a dangerous problem as it can affect your health and you will not even notice when it strikes. While it isn’t life threatening for healthy people, the kids, elderly, and people with weakened immunity and respiratory issues can severely suffer from the toxic black mold.
How to detect the black mold in your bathroom?
The black mold is not always visible, so you need to follow the next symptoms and warning signs:
- Musty of sour smell in your bathroom. Although you should never sniff mold as it can cause serious health problems, if you detect the sour or musty smell in the bathroom, you can be sure that the black mold is there.
- Earthy smell. This is probably a result of rotting wood, and the possibility of toxic mold presence is quite high.
- Ants and small bugs. If you notice small insects in your bathroom, it is the sign that the black mold is likely beneath bathroom tiles or floorboards.
- Muddy looking tiles. It is another warning sign that can be found on the walls or the shower or bathroom floor.
- Loose tiles. They are the great place for gathering leaking water and moisture, which will provide the black mold excellent environment to grow.
Toxic black mold carry Mycotoxins
Mycotoxins can be found throughout the entire colony of the mold, and the black mold spores actually carry it. It enters our body with breathing, which can lead to toxic symptoms and severe health issues. The black mold also produces the trichothecene mycotoxins that are quite stable and rather toxic mycotoxins, and it could present a big trouble of removing it from your bathroom and household.
That’s why is critical to inspect the bathroom if you already suspect on toxic black mold, but as it often grows in hidden places, maybe is the best to call a professional to detect it. After all, they have special instruments that measure moisture levels and are trained to find and remove the toxic black mold successfully.
The dangerous aspects of toxic black mold
Luckily for humankind, only 80 out of 1,500,000 fungi species are allergenic, while the most common ones you can find in your household or bathroom are: Alternaria, Aspergillus, Basidiospores, Chaetomium, Cladosporium, Penicillium, Periconia, and Stachybotrys. Toxic black mold can cause not only temporary, but also permanent damage, and although unlikely, it also can lead to death. The toxic black mold (Stachybotrys) is the one we can find in our bathrooms, and its mycotoxins can cause the following symptoms:
- Respiratory problems that will first affect the people with asthma
- Inflammation of the skin
- The mucous membranes irritation
- Internal organ’s damage
- Mental deterioration
- Suppression of the immune system
Our living environment could be much healthier if we detect the toxic black mold on time and not let it destroy our immune system, but it is a dangerous enemy and shouldn’t be ignored. Follow our advice, and you can notice it in your bathroom without trouble, but then better call the professionals to do their job and remove the life-threatening toxic black mold.
Categorised in: Uncategorized